1200 N. Federal Highway, Suite 200, Boca Raton, Florida 33432
- Business Law & Investment Immigration
- Asset Protection for U.S. Foreign Investors
- Dual Jurisdiction Analysis
- Real Estate
- Nationality and Consular Law
Languages (written and spoken)
Degrees and Law Schools:
Master of Law International Trade and Banking, American University, Washington College of Law Washington DC.
Master of Law International Taxation St. Thomas University, Miami, Florida.
Juris Doctor, St. Thomas University, Florida.
Master Diplôme Supérieur Universitaire, Droit Commercial et la Communauté Européen, Université de La Sorbonne, Paris II, France
Private International Law, International Court of Justice, Peace Palace of The Hague, The Netherlands
Bachelors in Business and Tourism Industries Université de Nanterre, Paris X, France.
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeal, Eleventh Circuit
- Dominican Republic Bar
- Supreme Court of the Dominican Republic
- American Bar Association
- Inns of Court for Excellence in Ethical Practice and Professionalism
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- International Committee of the Southern Palm Beach Bar Association
- Italian American Chamber of Commerce
- Miami Chamber of Commerce –Task Force Division
- British Chamber of Commerce
Dr. Sara Coen is the founder and managing partner of the law firm which focuses on U.S. investments by foreigners. Her legal counseling ranges from advice with real estate purchases to establishing a new corporation in the U.S., transferring employees and permanent residency. She is a United States and Civil Code attorney (Europe and Latin America) and she is fluent in Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese and English (written and spoken).
Dr. Coen has worked for several multinational law firms in the U.S. and abroad, and has also as a civil servant she was a Staff Attorney (Judicial Clerk) for the Fourth District Court of Appeals for Honorable Judge Barry Stone and as a Law Clerk at the Unlicensed Practice of Law Department of The Florida Bar. She has also worked for the United Nations and World Bank Group at the Inter-American Development Bank and Organization of American States and has served in diplomatic missions. She also has worked for multinational corporations in Italy, France, Switzerland and the Dominican Republic.
Dr. Coen is able to communicate easily with foreign clients in their own language and without the need of translators and interpreters so nothing gets lost in translation or interpretation. With over 20 years of experience, she focuses on integrating legal, language and cultural elements to help the international client succeed and prosper, while discovering new horizons.
Dr. Coen has distinguished herself by earning a Master’s of Law in “International Trade and Banking” and “International Taxation in the United States, a Masters’ of Law in “Commercial and European Law” in France and “Private International Law” at the International Court of Justice in The Hague, Netherlands. Her legal expertise in the international arena allows her to offer multiple services in the following areas:
- U.S. Investment Million Dollar green card (EB-5), business, employment (H, L, E, and O visas) and family immigration.
- Real estate due diligence, negotiations and closings..
- Dual citizenship acquisition and naturalization (Europe and U.S.).
- Dual jurisdiction analysis and preventive law services for non-U.S. individuals with assets in different countries (real estate, bank accounts, and investments in the U.S., but residing abroad).
- Legal counseling for individuals with international health insurance policies receiving medical treatment in the U.S. (medical dispositions and limitations, living wills).
- Estate Planning and Trust Protection for foreigners.
Representative Clients and Matters
- Represented Formula One managing directors on corporate and personal matters and before European Union and the U.S. Government.
- Represented the family of the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court Justice of Afghanistan before the U.S. government.
- Represent French Oil Refinery project in Dubai and the Dominican Republic.
- Procured Investor’s visa and permanent residency for CEO‘s of European and U.S. publicly traded companies.
- Managed dual Jurisdiction due diligence for multimillion dollar international mining projects and real estate investments in Latin America and Europe.
- Counsel alternative energy companies on DR-CAFTA and introduction of products in the U.S. market.
- Represented U.S. clients with Korean government in procuring parole and custody of Korean children.
- Represented lease equipment corporation contract with Mexican cement company.
- Mediator for private airplane corporations and multiple corporations who had defaulted payment.
- Co-Author of chapter for the book “Inside the Minds. Employing Highly Skilled Foreign Nationals, Obtaining H-1B visas and Developing a Successful Immigration Strategy. (Co-Author).Thompson West Aspartore Publication.
- Author of Article “H-1B Specialty Occupation Visa”, Smart Business Magazine.
- Author of Article “Employment Enforcement”, Smart Business Magazine. Featured panelist at the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce’s Employment Immigration Seminar “Issues facing employers of H-1B professionals” and “Social Security No-Match Letters”.
- Featured speaker at the Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce’s Business Briefing.
- Featured speaker at the FIU English Language Institute “Immigration Law: Options for Living and Working in the US”.
- Featured panelist at the League of Women Voters Forum on Immigration.
- Featured panelist at FIU International Studies-International.
- Careers Expo 2007 “Immigration: Visas for Foreign Students” and “International Careers in Law”
- Legal Corner. Regular Radio Guest for International Matters. Radio Swizzera Italiana (Swiss Radio)
- Guest speaker at multiple international gatherings and conference.